- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, sliced
- (optional) 1 scallion, sliced
- a pinch of instant wakame flakes
- 1 tsp chickpea miso (or whatever miso you have around)
- 3 cups water
- Turn the heat up on a large saucepan. Add the water and then everything else except the miso. Bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, until the carrots begin to soften.
- Turn the heat off and remove the cover. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the miso and stir well. Serve!
This makes enough for two large servings. I like to have the first with breakfast and the second with dinner.
It's also good with sliced cabbage cooked into it just like the carrots.